Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for Vout of thermometer to ADC input (help a newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6116

Hi everyone, I am extremely new to using microcontrollers and I have been working on a simple temperature sensor project. I was just wondering what is the best way to connect the Vout of the analog temperature sensor to the ADC input port? At first I was thinking just a simple 10k resistor between the Vout and the ADC input to protect the input from damage, but someone told me it isn't such a simple circuit. The temp sensor will output a voltage range from 0V-3V. The ADC has a max input of 3.3V.

In case you are curious, my microcontroller will only turn on for 1 second every 1 minute to log the temperature data, then go to sleep for the other 59 seconds. Please give me suggestions for the circuit design. Thanks!

Well, I think eventually I will use the Precon HS-2000V
**broken link removed**

But I thought the circuitry would be similar to a LM94023
**broken link removed**

If there is just a general circuit schematic that is applied, I just want to know what that would look like.

You just need a direct conection to the A2D pin, if you want to make extra sure use a resistors, 1K to 2K, something like that. But it only makes a difference if you accidently set the pin to be an output rather than an input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back