Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for switchable +-1 gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMl

Most Helpful Member
I'm trying to build a synchronous demodulator, where I'm looking for frequency components in an audio signal that are either in phase or out of phase with an externally-generated 50% duty-cycle clock. One approach is to use a circuit that has a switchable gain of either +1 or -1. The gain control signal will come from a logic level 50% duty-cycle clock . Circuit should have small offset between +1 and -1 gain. Supply voltage is single ended 9V.

You can use an all-pass filter circuit such as this with R1 = R2 but substitute an analog switch for the capacitor. The offset will be determined by the op amp characteristics and the tolerance ratio of R1 to R2.

Alternately if you can switch the phase of the clock instead, then an XOR gate would do that.

A variation of Crutschows circuit, which I coincidentally noticed in a booklet of circuits just a few hours ago.

Have a look at the attachment.

JimB

Attachments

• Switched + - Gain.JPG
    Switched + - Gain.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 142
Presumably, R3 is there to cancel the offset due to input bias current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back