Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit for a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjagandeep

hi,

i am national diploma student . i would like to ask if anyone can do a circuit diagram for me.

i am using a axial fan of 12v
2 led(green and red)
battery 12v
switch

what the circuit should do when the switch is on the green led should turn on also the fan and when the switch is turn off the red led should turn on and fan should be off.

can you also include resistors and anyother other things

you can also email me the diagram to my email which is jagan_singh@hotmail.co.uk

We will not do your work for you, please check the rules! "Please do not ask for complete circuit diagrams!" As far as i know, thi can be done with a switch and some resistors.

Why don't you draw it the way you think it should work, post it, and see what kind of feedback you get on it?

Its a pretty simple circuit. Everything can be done in the switch if you find one with the right contacts.

sjagandeep said:
hi,

i am national diploma student . i would like to ask if anyone can do a circuit diagram for me.

i am using a axial fan of 12v
2 led(green and red)
battery 12v
switch

what the circuit should do when the switch is on the green led should turn on also the fan and when the switch is turn off the red led should turn on and fan should be off.

can you also include resistors and anyother other things

you can also email me the diagram to my email which is jagan_singh@hotmail.co.uk

You should be able to figure this out. The switch will have to be a SPDT (3 terminals) with +12 going to the center pin, and that is all the hint you will get from me :)

Lefty

first of all u don't exactly need circuit diagram.you don't know how to connect all these thats why you asked circuit diagram.
and the problem with ...ian ppl is the way the ask the help is really bad.they just don't request.but they demand it.this is what most ppl don't like.so be careful from next time.
above methods are good and cheap.
but i used a NO/NC 12v relay for this purpose.
**broken link removed**
use v=ir formula to calculate the resistor value.

**broken link removed**
right side 2 pins are coil,and left side 3 pins are common,NO,NC

Last edited:
sjagandeep said:
hi,

You're doing a national diploma in what?

Leisure and recreation?

Don't laugh, you can actually do leisure and recreaction.

Your teacher is paid to teach you. You have a lazy teacher who doesn't teach you anything.

We aren't teachers and we aren't lazy. Ask your teacher to help you.

Leftyretro said:
You should be able to figure this out. The switch will have to be a SPDT (3 terminals) with +12 going to the center pin, and that is all the hint you will get from me :)

Lefty

Let me add something to increase his confusion. You can also use the SPDT with the center pin going to the motor, and the outer pins to +12 and GND. There are lots of ways to connect a simple switch. There is only one wrong solution - shorting +12V to GND. One more hint: Take your destop lamp apart and look how the switch is wired. :D

Perhaps a pcb layout would also help, and maybe details for cold fusion power source to get those extra points ?

wow, amazing, maybe if yall put as much effort into assistance as you did complaining this might go somewhere. ;)
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
Let me add something to increase his confusion. You can also use the SPDT with the center pin going to the motor, and the outer pins to +12 and GND. There are lots of ways to connect a simple switch. There is only one wrong solution - shorting +12V to GND. One more hint: Take your destop lamp apart and look how the switch is wired. :D
Herman, I agree. That really does add to the confusion. Can you post a schematic of that?:rolleyes:

Hi Ron,

it's a pleasure for me to post an appropriate circuit here. I must admit using an SPDT does not offer that many switching combinations as they can be performed by two SPSTs.

Note: I just explained three different switch positions. Especially the last mentioned combination will cause some special effects.

Have a look at it and post your opinion.

**broken link removed**

Kind regards

Hans

Boncuk said:
You can also use the SPDT with the center pin going to the motor, and the outer pins to +12 and GND.
Hans (I thought your name was Herman:)), I was confused by the above quote. To me, that meant you were going to connect the switch pole to the motor, one end of the battery to one of the switch throws, and the other end of the battery to the other throw, and the other motor terminal somewhere:confused:. Somehow, I figured you were going to take this scheme, add some resistors and LEDs, and come up with the function that the OP wanted. I guess I misunderstood you.:(

Roff said:
Hans (I thought your name was Herman:)), I was confused by the above quote. To me, that meant you were going to connect the switch pole to the motor, one end of the battery to one of the switch throws, and the other end of the battery to the other throw, and the other motor terminal somewhere:confused:. Somehow, I figured you were going to take this scheme, add some resistors and LEDs, and come up with the function that the OP wanted. I guess I misunderstood you.:(

Yes, I go along with that. However my intention was to make him think of his own a bit. The third position as posted is the so called power saving mode. :D (Everything off, perhaps some smoke :) )

BTW, my full first name is Hans-Juergen. Most foreigners tend to break their tongues trying to pronounce that correctly. Therefore I skipped the Juergen.
Herman (the Cherusker) was the most famous German of all. He kicked the Romans out of Germany. (some time ago) I kicked russian mine sweepers to the bottom of the Baltic sea.

Regards

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back