Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Digram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregory said:
Can somewon help me as I require a circuit digram for a Vadis 400R Guitar Valve amp.

Never heard of 'Vadis', and google doesn't find much about them either? - but a valve guitar amp is a fairly crude device, you can usually repair them easily without a circuit.

What's the problem with it?.

The amp has a us transformer and I would like to know the voltages from each tapping .I may be able to obtain a transformer with the voltages without out rewinding one

Gregory said:
The amp has a us transformer and I would like to know the voltages from each tapping .I may be able to obtain a transformer with the voltages without out rewinding one

Use a meter and measure them? - you can use an auto transformer or variac to give it 110V for the test (if you can get hold of one?). Also, professional power tools are 110V (for safety reasons), and come with a big yellow transformer - you could hire one from a tool hire place.

Gregory said:
The transformer is burnt out and the voltages in Australia are 240V

Oh! - so some prat (not that's it's going to be you 8) ) has plugged it into 240V then!.

Generally (as I said before) valve amps are quite crude and simple, it will probably have a main HT section (300-0-300 or so?), and a 6.3V heater winding. It may also have a winding for bias, but this is only on some amplifiers.

If you check diagrams of similar amplifiers, you should be able to get a near enough idea of what's needed.

The place to start is with a list of what valves are fitted, this will tell us what sort of power it is, and we can try and find amps with similar output valves - there are a LOT of valve amp circuits out there!, but they are essentially all very similar.

I presume you know a transformer is going to be EXPENSIVE?.

Then create a new thread rather than derailing an existing one.

See if you can find a manufacturer name and part number on the bad transformer, if you can search on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back