Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit Diagram Sansui SAN7600 TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am new to this forum, but after reading some of the postings I am VERY impressed at the knowledge lurking.

Now: I have a Sansui TV which has a blown ceramic capacitor (not sure if anything else is wrong at this stage). The capacitor has fried and I can't read all the markings. It has: BN, then next line, I think 222K, then next line ? V

Can SKS advise what other info I can give to the forum to hopefully receive some knowledgeable assistance? Would it help if I took a digital pic showing the location of the capacitor?

Many thanks
Alf

Yes, take a picture - you should also enter your location in your profile. The capacitor is 2200pF, probably 2000V or so, I'm assuming it's a small blue disc?.

Board Pics

Thank you very much for your reply.

Here are 2 pics: the first is the circuit board and the second is a close up showing more detail. In both pics the location is bounded by a RED BOX.

The capacitor is (WAS) a small brown disc abt 10mm diameter.

Thanks again
Alf

Attachments

• Sansui Board location.jpg
    Sansui Board location.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Sansui CD27.jpg
    Sansui CD27.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 734
Sansui SAN7600 TV

Sorry - thought I was doing the right thing as some websites require small thumbnails. Have re-attached in larger size. Hope this is satisfactory.

Regards
Alf:eek:

Attachments

• Sansui Board location.jpg
    Sansui Board location.jpg
    818.1 KB · Views: 7,276
  • Sansui CD27.jpg
    Sansui CD27.jpg
    730.9 KB · Views: 1,533
Professor Cyclops said:
Many thanks Nigel. What's the possible damage if I put it in and it isn't the right one??????

The capacitor was clearly labelled 2200pF, and 2KV is the usual voltage of the line output tuning capacitors - so there shouldn't be any damage. If it's too low a voltage the capacitor will probably fail S/C instantly.

Hi Prof Cyclops... what was the outcome when you replaced your capacitor? Did you ever find a schematic for this set?..have similar problem myself in EHT area...no obvious physical damage tho and Horiz transistor is OK ..thanks for the great pics.

The result

Hi everyone - welcome Heavyside.

Well, I put in the capacitor Nigel suggested as follows:

2200pF (.0022Uf) 3Kv The EIA code is 222.

Result was perfect: telly is now going well. Afraid I haven't tracked down the schematic.

BTW do you have the same telly? I don't have the handbook and can't work out all the buttons on the remote control.:confused:

Thanks again to Nigel

Alf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back