Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit design - urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie

Hi everyone,
I am not very good in electrical engineering and I am having a project which is i don't know where to start and how to build it. Can u please give me a hand and explain me briefly what exactly do I have to do, I am very appreciate :D

This is the topic----->>>>
Constant current NiCad battery charger: NiCad batteries are relatively simple to charge; for
standard slow charging they merely require a constant current at C/10 (10% of the rated
capacity) for 14 - 16 hours, most NiCad batteries also support fast charging whereby a constant
current source at C/5 is applied for 7 - 8 hours. Ideally such chargers should also include some
form of electronic control that monitors temperature and cell voltage to prevent overcharging
and/or overheating. For this project, though, you only need to design a single BJT transistor
based constant current source capable of supplying a fixed current of ~100 mA to a low
impedance load, independent of supply voltage and load impedance variations (within
reasonable limits).

You might want to take a look at the MAX712/MAX713 datasheet.

They can charge any number of cells from one to 16 cells either NiCad or NIMH batteries.

Boncuk

I found it's better now but do u have any thing else in more details which is related with the topic? I still can't figure out how to actual build the circuit as the topic require.....
thanks for ur help ;D

I found it's better now but do u have any thing else in more details which is related with the topic? I still can't figure out how to actual build the circuit as the topic require.....
thanks for ur help ;D

Hi,
This is about the simplest using a single BJT.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 136
oh thanks for that but what specific topic do I really have to look at?
The Sound.Westhost article shows Real Life current sources.
Here is one.

Attachments

• battery charger.PNG
    battery charger.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 121
can u please write me some easiest understanding explain as I'm a beginner :)
The extremely simple circuit has only 5 parts. If you don't understand it then you must learn about the basics of electronics, or ask your teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back