Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cigarette Lighter Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Good day Komrades,

Yes I am as crazy as the title of this thread suggests. I plan a trip to Cuba in June so I want to grab a stereo or speakers that will work of 12V. My only concern is the max safe current that can be pulled from cigarette lighter from those old Jeep's they offer for rent in Cuba. Having been to Cuba before, I assume that the on board speakers are no longer operational or of terrible quality anyway, so I want to make sure that I have a blast of AC/DC going as I plan all day roadside travel. All suggestion are welcome

-Thanks

P.S. I currently own a 160 Watt inverter...

I remember those old cigarette lighters as 20 amps, but anybody who remembers the '60's didn't do them right. Still, I'll bet you can get 10 amps. Just take some spare 3AG fuses in the 10 and 20 amp variety with you.

Let me get this straight:
With all the scuba gear (another thread) and personal luggage you are going to take a set of speakers, DC to AC converter, sound-source and power amp (not mentioned) with you?
Adventurous! When we travel we make due with a carry-on each for a 2 month trip.
E

I remember those old cigarette lighters as 20 amps, but anybody who remembers the '60's didn't do them right. Still, I'll bet you can get 10 amps. Just take some spare 3AG fuses in the 10 and 20 amp variety with you.

Thank you, I will do just that. Also I was thinking of grabbing some long booster cables in case the cigarette lighter does not work, this way I can hot wire the amp directly from the battery, though it will look weird riding around with booster cables sticking out :D

Let me get this straight:
With all the scuba gear (another thread) and personal luggage you are going to take a set of speakers, DC to AC converter, sound-source and power amp (not mentioned) with you?
Adventurous! When we travel we make due with a carry-on each for a 2 month trip.
E

Yes, I will also be bringing my meaty health pack along with my Magnum Amazon 6 Military Boots for hiking and kicking those beach traders out of my way :D

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back