Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ciese RS-NAGM safety relay blown component help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakII

I have a unit that has a blown resistor and I am needing help figuring out what the value is. Does anyone know? or maybe have the same unit laying around? here is a picture of the board. this is the top board after taking off the case.

Ciese rs-nagm.JPG

Without the circuit it is hard to tell what it is for, but It seems to be separate from the LED indicator circuit on the top-left of the board.

It must run on lower voltage, or else it could be used as a "fuse" too.
V=IR

Are there other components on the other PCBs too?

-Ben

Figured out the value to this resistor if it interest anyone... 1 watt 10 ohms...

A 1 Watt 10 Ohm resistor just doesn't generally fail (cook itself). The mounting of the resistor shows it was elevated off the board to easily dissapate heat. The fact that it failed is likely a symptom of a failure elsewhere. Unless the cause is found replacing it will likely lead to another failed 10 Ohm 1 Watt resistor.

Just My Take...
Ron

A 1 Watt 10 Ohm resistor just doesn't generally fail (cook itself). The mounting of the resistor shows it was elevated off the board to easily dissapate heat. The fact that it failed is likely a symptom of a failure elsewhere. Unless the cause is found replacing it will likely lead to another failed 10 Ohm 1 Watt resistor.

Just My Take...
Ron

I see a LOT of 1-watt 10Ω resistors used as fuses.

I don't even know what this thing he is trying to fix is?!

-Ben

Ok so the unit is a safety relay that protects people from entering our robot bay when we have active robots. They defect was actually the bridge rectifier that was after the resistor in circuit. And yes it was basically being used as a fuse to the 24 VAC input. Thank you for yalls input it is appreciated!!

I see a LOT of 1-watt 10Ω resistors used as fuses.

I don't even know what this thing he is trying to fix is?!

-Ben

Hi Ben, I agree, what I was getting at is there is a symptom and a cau8se and if we just replace resistors that cook, be they used as a fuse device or otherwise they will likely cook again. In this case had the bridge not been replaced another resistor would cook. :)

Ron

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back