Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Christmas Tree Fiberglass Illuminator and Color Wheel Rotator

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSK

I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have an artificial Christmas tree with an Illuminator (single lightbulb) and Color Wheel Rotator which stopped working. I first thought it was the transformer/adapter, but after trying one from my laptop, I don't think it is the problem. I don't know how to figure it out outside of buying a new adapter. I just don't want to waste the time or money, if that is not the problem. It also has this metal post with wires running to it (see pics), not sure what it does and if there is something I am missing in a part which might have fallen off moving the tree over the years.

Any help would be appreciated, would like to get the lights working before Christmas. Thank you.

upload_2016-12-14_14-11-2.png

upload_2016-12-14_14-11-33.png

That rating on the power supply shows that it is running the lamp.

The motor beside the lamp looks like it is a synchronous motor, which need the AC output from the power supply. All laptop power supplies that I have come across have a DC output, so they won't run the motor, but would run the light OK if the votlage and power rating were near enough.

If the lamp is working on the power supply shown, then the power supply is working fine.

Motors like that are fairly simple, and don't have brushes. I can't see what the post is. Can you get a better photo?

If the motor turns and the lamp doesnt light then most likely the bulb has blown, looks like an Mr11, if nothing happens when you apply power and the power pack is ok then theres probably a bad connection or broken wire somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back