Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing a multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey guys,
Just need a little help choosing a multimeter, I don't quite understand the the difference between the different products and price brackets.
I'd like a clamp and will be using mostly for digital level testing and DC motor current draw up to about 20A

ive found a few on ebay

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

whats the difference between say these and a $100 product.

I live in NZ btw if that helps

whats the difference between say these and a $100 product?
Accuracy, reliability, safety etc.

After a year of frustration with my crappy Chinese meter, I finally bought a Fluke! Now when I measure resistance, the value is accurate and immediate. The old meter would take literally 15-20 seconds and fluctuate wildly.

Since you linked to 3 clamp on type meters may we assume you want a clamp on type meter with the basic DMM functions? You choose a meter based on your needs.

Ron

I'd like a clamp and will be using mostly for digital level testing and DC motor current draw up to about 20A

Ok for AC/DC clamp about 300-400$
Or a tiny one up to 40A at around 200$

You are looking at the wrong pages my friend.

thanks guys, I finally realised what I was looking for doesn't exist. Wanted a clamp that was still accurate for digital level measurements, turns out theyre two very different things

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back