Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing a Motor (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chui

hey all,

I need to start working with electronic motors and don't know where to start.
At this moment I need two motors for driving up to 10 kg, at a speed of about 0.5 [m/s] - 1.0 [m/s].
The acceleration should be fine, not crazy, but also not too low so I would say between about 2 to 3 second for getting to the max speed?

anyway, I need to understand how to choose one for other details too, so I'll appreciate if someone will explain the general idea here.

thanks alot!

hi chui,

Are you talking DC or AC motors, mains or battery powered ??

Eric

It may help you to do some reading on the characteristics of the common motors used in your applications. My guess is that sites that cater to robotics enthusiasts will likely have many references.

Hello.

your best bet is to use a 3 phase motor. If you use a DC or stepper motor you might find it very "steppy". There are many cct out there that you can use to drive the motor, or use a PIC if you wish.

Jason

ok

ok,

I did some calculations using my knowledge in Physics,
my results are that for:

speed = 1 [m/s]
radius of wheel = 0.17 [m]
mass of robot = 10 [kg]
number of wheels = 2
acceleration = 0.4 [m/s^2]
road's coefficient of friction = 0.3

I will need a motor with:
RPM = 56.17
Torque = 3.145

I really don't think there are correct, but that's the type of results that i need. so.. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back