Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

choosing a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
hii

I m working on a voltmeter project its input voltage range is 33kv, with 100v resolution, i want to choose a microcontroller with inbuilt adc
10 bit resolution
512 bytes ram
1 kv flash
28 i/os
minimum 4 a/d channels...

i went through the microchip family and selected PIC16F1516 but it is having so many extra peripherals which i dont need can nyone suggest me a microcontroller other than this....

I also went through the texas instruments the msp430f and g series but here it has extra enough flash memory than my requirement and also i need a minimum of 10 bit resolution but it is having only 8 bit resolution
can anyone plz suggest me something in microchip ...

hii

I m working on a voltmeter project its input voltage range is 33kv, with 100v resolution, i want to choose a microcontroller with inbuilt adc
10 bit resolution
512 bytes ram
1 kv flash
28 i/os
minimum 4 a/d channels...

i went through the microchip family and selected PIC16F1516 but it is having so many extra peripherals which i dont need can nyone suggest me a microcontroller other than this....

I also went through the texas instruments the msp430f and g series but here it has extra enough flash memory than my requirement and also i need a minimum of 10 bit resolution but it is having only 8 bit resolution
can anyone plz suggest me something in microchip ...

Almost all microcontrollers will have far more facilities than you need - it would be pointless making one and leaving such facilities out - you just ignore the ones you don't need.

The PIC you've looked at looks suitable for the job - and as it's a 16F device if you check my tutorials they explain how to use the analogue inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back