Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choose three material items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
A hypothetical question, but if you had to rapidly flee from your current abode with your family members during some form of civil or military crisis, which three items out of a possible supply of commonly-found household things would you instinctively reach for first?

And why those items?

I'd hope to have quickly within reach:
1. A multi-tool item such as a Swiss-Army-Knife, or Leatherman, or similar.
2. Some form of plastic sheeting material, such as a bin-liner or tarpaulin.
3. Some kind of tinned food.

Why?

The multi-tool could provide an opportunity to not only open the tinned food, but possibly cut down wood and provide the means to make a warming fire.
The plastic sheeting could provide shelter from the rain and also serve as a catchment for drinking water.
The empty food tins could serve as drinking vessels, or even cooking pans for grubs/insects/trapped-prey.

I hope that this scenario doesn't play out for any of our members, but you never know.

Sorry Mickster!!! The three items would be, A) my daughters HTC... B) my wifes handbag and lastly my sons hairbrush..

I wouldn't get a lookin... Ha Ha

At the very least, you could rest assured that the wife's handbag probably contains most of what you need anyway, plus some old bus tickets from 1978 as a bonus fire-lighter. Oh, you could also use the son's hairbrush to 'comb' the countryside...

I watched "Man against nature" on tv yesturday. He successfully made a fire out of a cellphone battery. He stabbed the battery with the knife and the sparks was enough to get fire in some dry grass.

Last edited:
gun+ammo
gold
scotch*

John

*Depending on the nature of the unrest, might substitute a pair of pliers.

Last edited:
Instinctively reach for? That kinda pre-supposes we've been thru this before. But - to play along:

1. My bug-out box. I built a box of items to have if things went south; it has a bunch of little survival stuff in it - enough to get you by for a week or so. It could probably be improved.
2. My pistol crossbow and bolts.
3. My truck.

Ok - I'm not sure that #3 is allowed, but I have a toolbox on the back that has a ton of stuff in it that could be used for "survival" in a pinch. I suppose if it weren't allowed, then maybe a tarp, or a machete - something like that. Come to think of it, I should re-vamp my bug-out box to make it bigger, and put the tarp and machete in it (and throw the whole shebang in the back of my truck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back