Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choice of routing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC/DC FR

Hello,

I need your help and professional advice, because tomorrow one of our employees participate in retirement with its software EAGLE V3.

Today on me to get information on buying a software routing e-cards. I must make the best choice because it is a heavy investment for society and the consequences thereof.

- To what order would you classify these programs in terms of functional quality?
PROTEL, Ultiboard, PROTEUS, ORCAD, EAGLE V5

- How much each of them?

- Can I switch files routing software EAGLE V3 to another? If so, how?

Thank you in advance for all your answers.

I use Ultiboard, and have done pretty much since Ultimate Technology BV started with it.

Converting files and drawings from one package to another can present some tricky problems, especially design rule violations etc, but pretty much most packages provide dxf import of some sort.

I would say that if you have any experience in one of the packages, then go with that. The learning curve can be quite steep with these packages if you are to get the best out of them.

I have no idea what the costs involved would be for Ultimate, I haven't upgraded in a long time, the version I have just now covers everything I'm likely to need in the near future. I have no idea what the rest might cost either, I haven't looked at another package in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back