Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chips families (HC,LS...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

udi_hakim

Hello,
There are a lot of ic's families (like the HC is High speed CMOS and LS is Low power Shottckey) is there a document or a catalog that explains about all the families, the differences, what should i use and when?
These are the ones i know:
LS
ALS
HC
C
AC
ACT
HCT
AS
F
LCX
VQ
S
ABT
ACTQ
FCT

Data Books

Since 1971, I've been collecting IC manufacturers' databooks and have never thrown any of them away. They're great references, especially for obsolete devices that you run into when repairing older equipment. These databooks outline the various families for which they're printed. There, you can find the operating voltages, speed and frequency characteristics, power demands and other characteristics. It wouldn't hurt to make a chart after your list of families, listing the various characteristics of logic families and then fill that chart in as you read about the family. These characteristics will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but usually not by much.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back