Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

edcross1

Hi Everyone I am fairly new to elctronics and this is my first post on the forum so I hope all goes OK.

The problem I have is that I can't identify a chip that has died in a transformer. the chip is conected between the live 240v input and the end of the input coil. The chip has the information on the from as shown in the atattched pic.

The transformer powers a cordless drill battery charger made by Black & Decker. The input voltage is 240v and the output is 8.4v @ 1.55A

I would be most grateful if anyone could tel me what the chip is and what to replace it with.

Many thanks for your time and effort

Edcross1

Attachments

• transformer_chip.jpg
    transformer_chip.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 470
Here's a picture of the unit. As I say it is a transformer from a battery charger.

Would a picture of the whole unit be better?

thanks again

edcross1

Attachments

• transformer_166.jpg
    transformer_166.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 447
edcross1 said:
Here's a picture of the unit. As I say it is a transformer from a battery charger.

Would a picture of the whole unit be better?

No, that's fine, it looks like thermal fuse to me! - it might have failed for no reason?, or it could be a faulty transformer?. I would suggest temporarily shorting it out, while you monitor the temperature of the transformer. For a permanent repair you should replace it with a similarly rated device (130 degrees centigrade) - you might not be able to find one that looks identical, most look like a silver rectifier diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back