Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chime / mp3 module

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan East

I'm in need of a module that can play chime sounds when triggered by a PIC. I need several different chimes to indicate different events, so the module should have several built-in sounds to choose from.

I'm also open to (and might prefer) a generic MP3 module that can accept my own sounds (like on an SD card), if I can easily trigger the playing of specific files from a PIC.

The device will be attached to a small amp that drives a few speakers.

I need to put this together quickly, so I don't have time to dabble around experimenting or hacking. If I can't find a dedicated use module, then I will use an old Pocket PC to play the sounds, triggered by IrDA from the PIC. I already do PIC to PPC communication of that sort, so that is a sure thing if I can't come up with something more dedicated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Dan East

I saw a diy MP3 player project on the web. It used about 10 hard to find tiny surface-mount ICs and was wired together with about 1 million little wires.
It probably took months to make and years to de-bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back