Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chicken Incubator Humidifier Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsof

Hi folks,

I'm building a forced air chicken incubator and need help with an inexpensive electronic device to monitor and control relative humidity in the unit.

The circuit needs to be capable of:
1) 110v operation

2) detecting the internal humidity, then activate a small, submerged ultrasonic device (from a "cool mist" humidifier) to raise the internal humidity to 65%, then shut off the device.

3) Have a second mode of operation that would perform the same as above but raise the internal humidity to 75%.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm building a forced air chicken incubator and need help with an inexpensive electronic device to monitor and control relative humidity in the unit.

The circuit needs to be capable of:
1) 110v operation

2) detecting the internal humidity, then activate a small, submerged ultrasonic device (from a "cool mist" humidifier) to raise the internal humidity to 65%, then shut off the device.

3) Have a second mode of operation that would perform the same as above but raise the internal humidity to 75%.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The humidifier sensing switches that use a translucent polymer membrane are probably cheaper than the ICs that sense humidity, and you can either manually adjust it to either level or use two and automatically switch between them.

How do you know what CFM and air speed to use?
Does the incubator generate humidity on its own?

Last edited:
You can get cheap humidity sensors.

For heating you could use an mid IR lamp.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the Link Hero. That's perfect.

Willbe:

Yes, the fans move 26 cfm, but the incubator doesn't generate it's own humidity (not yet at least). I've tried using a sponge wick in water tray method, but the unit doesn't get any higher than 40-45% at an operating temp range of 99 - 100F.

Whoa... wait aminute.

I'm stuck in the middle of the New Evil Roman Empire (US). Anyone know of a link to a good electronics site like the one Hero sent me?

I need some help with humidifier

I have an chicken incubator that holds about 500 eggs with an automatic humidifier. One that hooks up to a water hose and it has a dial that you turn up or down to adjust your humidity. Now it is stuck in the open and will not shut off. Can anyone recomend any input since the company went ouy of business years ago.

No, but it controls one. I think it works like is a humidistat.

I tried a humidistat but the one I used has a variance of about 10-12 % I have checked other websites but none list what percent it kicks on and off. I need something that has a 1-2 percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back