Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check IC with analog meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkyong

I want to check the resistance between pins of a TTL IC with my analog multimeter which has X10K ohm range giving 12Vdc(inside got 12V battery),I do not know whether the 12V batt voltage will damage the TTL IC (which only can stand or supplied by 5Vdc) or not?

What would be the point of measuring the 'resistance' of an IC?.

In any case, the current will only be low, and the voltage probably MUCH less that 5V.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What would be the point of measuring the 'resistance' of an IC?.

In any case, the current will only be low, and the voltage probably MUCH less that 5V.
Actually I just want to compare the resistance between pins of the measured IC with the good IC, from here I will know it is leakage or open.

wkyong said:
Actually I just want to compare the resistance between pins of the measured IC with the good IC, from here I will know it is leakage or open.

Probably won't tell you anything useful?, and certainly not unless the chips are from the same manufacturer and of a similar date.

But even then it's really a completely useless test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back