Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chebyshev / Butterworth analog filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the above mentioned analog filters could someone tell/show me a general way of transmuting the equations for a Chebyshev / Butterworth filter into hardware. The math and theory I understand very well, but the books i have are pretty vague about implementing. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look in the ARRL Handbooks - they cover the subject reasonably well. They provide normalized tables of values that you 'adjust' for your specific application. I do not know if what they present is appropriate for acoustic applications but some reading ought to reveal that quickly.

FYI - ARRL is American Radio Relay League. I think it would be reasonable to assume that Radio Society of Great Britain has similar information. IM me if you can't get to one of the books.

I did this 36 years ago (EE magazine, October, 1968, pages 57-64). The basic idea is simple: you write the circuit equation in terms of R & C in the same form as the Butterworth or Chebycheff. You can then equate similar terms in the two equations and solve for R & C.
This has been done many times and tables are now published so you don't have to do it again.

hey thanks, i looked on your website Russelk , and i like the one filter program on there but i can't get basic to work on win XP any ideas how to fix it?

I use Windows XP and run the programs in a DOS window. Under "accessories" click on "command prompt". The command to change directories is: CD path, or CD.. will step up one level. To see what is in the directory, the command is: DIR. To start an application, the command is: RUN name. To exit the DOS window, type EXIT. To get out of a GWbasic program, type: SYSTEM. If you need more help, PM me.

An error message pops up that says '...AUTOEXEC.NT The system file is not suitab;e for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications....'
Kinda of strange, doen't autoexec allow windows to run? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back