Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap RollUp Piano with MIDI OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjj

My musical mission goes on... :)

I bought a cheap RollUp Piano with MIDI OUT, which works 6VDC.
I ripped the silicon/vinyl Kbd apart to trace the circuit and contacts. It has the usual 8x8 matrix circuit without visible diodes.

Now I would like to connect an old 120-button accordion bass box onto it. Each button has only one contact.

At first I thought of just using signal diodes to bundle the 3 to 4 tune chords, but I soon realized that the moment a tune goes into another block of 8, one switch won't do the job.
The matrix works with 2V7

Q: How else could make it work with one switch the most economical way?

Thx in advance for the good advice.

Thx again... for the great help!

I think I found, what I'm after, here:
More About MIDIGrid Creative Music Software
or was it MIDIgreed? :)
Incidentally, it's very much what I had in mind. Something like a page with single, triggerable chords in it.

I wrote MIDIgrid and explained my needs. Not sure if it really works for my purpose? It should, but I don't know how to wire the buttons for MIDI...
As the bottom of this page ( **broken link removed** ) shows, if I use MIDI control I have to buy another rollup piano and wire it to the 120- button of the accordion accompaniment (and set it on another MIDI channel), because it's impossible triggering MIDIgrid chords from the same rollup Kbd I play the melody. Or is there another way?

For decades I try to realize my dreams. Now it's about time I make it or I have to continue my mission in next life! :) Young pensioner (67) from Chile

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back