Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap oscilloscope to monitor PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

I want to monitor various signals on my pc but my funds, as ever, are sadly limited.
(Primarily I'm thinking of the USB and PS/2 lines)
What sort of 'scope would I need to buy to do this?
Any suggestions or current links to ebay would be appreciated :)

Cheers

These are digital signals and you can use a logic analyzer for these rather than a scope. You'll need something with a really high sample rate for USB and I'm not certain why you would want to see the RAW signal data on USB anyway.

No, you're right - turns out I don't need to see the data on the USB (or indeed the PS/2) I still hanker after a 'scope but keep failing to find a good enough reason :)

These are digital signals and you can use a logic analyzer for these rather than a scope. You'll need something with a really high sample rate for USB and I'm not certain why you would want to see the RAW signal data on USB anyway.

That depends on where in the system you want to view them. I think at the physical medium layer, they are differential signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back