Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap in-line power cord switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I would like to find a switch to splice into two and three wire 120VAC conductors similar to the cheap rotary jobs you find on lamp cords. I want these so I don't have to dig under the desk to unplug the soldering iron or the power supplies I use that I use cut-off IEC power cords for.

For some reason I can never find the most common things, and this is one of them...

I would like to find a switch to splice into two and three wire 120VAC conductors similar to the cheap rotary jobs you find on lamp cords. I want these so I don't have to dig under the desk to unplug the soldering iron or the power supplies I use that I use cut-off IEC power cords for.

For some reason I can never find the most common things, and this is one of them...

hi,
Maplin used to stock them.:)

**broken link removed**

YES:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
The cheap rotary ones you find on lamp cords can be found at the local pharmacy or supermarket.

When the cheap non-certified switch sets yor house on fire and the insurance company finds out that it wasn't certified then they will say, "too bad you used a cheap switch".

All name-brand switches are certified to be safe. They are inexpensive.

When the cheap non-certified switch sets yor house on fire and the insurance company finds out that it wasn't certified then they will say, "too bad you used a cheap switch".

All name-brand switches are certified to be safe. They are inexpensive.

I agree, those types of switches used for a soldering iron application are a disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back