Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap, basic PCBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowana

I'm looking to get three PCBs made.

They are 60x15mm, single sided, no holes to drill, no silkscreen needed, no solder-resist needed. Minimum spacing/clearance is 13mil. So basically a very small, simple board.

However, I'm struggling to find somewhere that will make it cheaply. BatchPCB are the best I have found, at $10USD setup and $2.50 per square inch. However, that pays for two layers, two silkscreens, two solder-resists and unlimited plated holes.

That works out at $20 for the three boards, and I don't think that includes postage.

Futurlec do a basic service, costing $16 USD for a single sided board with no mask or silk.

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get these three boards made for any less than this? Any suggestions appriciated.

Thanks

Andrew

By the way, I'm in the UK.

Last edited:
I expect that's about as cheap as you can find in small quantities.

Last edited:
Not bad, although 'international mailing is a flat rate of $15'. Hopefully cobra1 will be able to help me out.

Yeah, that's flexible. $15 is for Priority Mail shipping. People often ask for standard first class postal, and I'm happy to oblige.

Edit: But yeah, if you can get them made locally, definitely go for it. Shipping from the US to the UK is slow.

Last edited:
If you could deal with 10 of them iTeadStudio has 10 units up to 5cm x 5cm each for $12 + $3 shipping. Best deal I've found.

I'm looking to get three PCBs made.

They are 60x15mm, single sided, no holes to drill, no silkscreen needed, no solder-resist needed. Minimum spacing/clearance is 13mil. So basically a very small, simple board.

However, I'm struggling to find somewhere that will make it cheaply. BatchPCB are the best I have found, at $10USD setup and $2.50 per square inch. However, that pays for two layers, two silkscreens, two solder-resists and unlimited plated holes.

That works out at $20 for the three boards, and I don't think that includes postage.

Futurlec do a basic service, costing $16 USD for a single sided board with no mask or silk.

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get these three boards made for any less than this? Any suggestions appriciated.

Thanks

Andrew

By the way, I'm in the UK.

I would need to see your Artwork, Before Quoting on them.

Reactions: 3v0
Hi cowana,
Jump on ebay and find the cheapest price you can get for postive resist pcb's, a few weeks ago I got 5off 150x300mm single sided and 5off 150x100mm double sided for under $50 Oz delivered. You can just print your pcb artwork out in high resolution on a inkjet printer, stick the printed transparency to the pcb then chuck it out in the sunlight for a few hours. With the size of pcb you are talking about this would be the cheapest way to go about it. While ya there check out some UV circuits so you can make your own pcb exposer for those boards.

Cheers Bryan

I've made my own boards before, using a UV 'fly killer' tube to expose them, then the usualy ferric chloride to etch.

However, as between them these boards have 30 0805 SMD components, I've been kind to myself and gone for a company that provides a solder resist. Plus the silk screen means I can explain what the LEDs represent.

For this sort of board, DorkbotPDX is the best value around, plus I could make the board double sided (so a little smaller and cheaper).

Thanks for all your help.

Total cost for three double sided boards with silk and resist (inc shipping): $9.09

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back