Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chasing LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowth08

I am to make a simple circuit which outputs 3 LEDs chasing each other. I mean one LED lights after the other. After reaching the 3rd(last LED), the first will light again and the sequence continues. I was thinking of using a 555 timer and 4017 counter. Luckily, there was already a previous thread the same with mine but the output was to drive ten LEDs which will light one after the other.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/555-4017-gif.51534/

To drive only 3 LEDs, what I will have to do is connect pin 15 to pin 7 of 4017??? Will that be right?

Last edited:

Attachments

• astable with 3 transistors.PNG
    astable with 3 transistors.PNG
    78 KB · Views: 285
I have already watched the video sir. But the transition is too fast. Can I control the speed?

Just increase the capacitor values to slow the chase sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back