Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charger with pic18f4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

ady689

Can i make a charger with a pic18f4550 without a external adc convertor? like in this picture, and if i can how i acces the adc ports

Attachments

• figure3.gif
    figure3.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 552
Of course you can, the 18F4550 had analogue inputs, as do many PIC's - the datasheets explain how to use them, or you might consult my tutorials for 16F examples, which are probably quite similar?.

thanks. i wiil read your tutorials:D i'm a beginer with microcontrolers.Do you have some sorce code for pic18F4550 in asm? whathever ..

ady689 said:
thanks. i wiil read your tutorials:D i'm a beginer with microcontrolers.Do you have some sorce code for pic18F4550 in asm? whathever ..

Most 18F series programming is in C, even the application notes are mostly in C as well.

Why not use a 16F series anyway?, even a 16F series is way over specified for a battery charger, no need to use a high-end 18F device.

I want to use yhe 18f beacause the charger is a part of more complex project and i need a beter microcontroler.What is your recommend,lern toprogram this pic in C or ASM?

C, definitely. There is a free version of MPLAB IDE & C18 compiler for download at Microchip's site. It is a 6 month 'trial' version but I believe is fully featured.

ady689 said:
I want to use yhe 18f beacause the charger is a part of more complex project and i need a beter microcontroler.What is your recommend,lern toprogram this pic in C or ASM?

Because the application notes are in C, I would suggest learning many C, and (as already mentioned) MicroChip provide a free C compiler for it - it's fully featured, but after a trial period some of the optimisations are disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back