Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charger during travelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssp123

I m just a begginner for microc n microp.And I have a project idea as follows:-there will be an instrument in travelling buses which will provide certain amount of electricity for charging lapi,mobiles,battery chargers etc.certain number of coins will be inserted into that instrument and for specific corresponding time, the equipment will be charged accordingly.For eg:-a mobile needs to be charged for 15 min,then Rs.5 coin will be inserted and it will provide charging.(It may analyse the weight of that Rs 5 coin).
Please help me out in this product oriented project....

Thanking you

ssp123

many deluxe buses provide such facility free of charge. if you are interested in timed powering with a coin based switch, you need a slot where the coin can be inserted and guided down a chute with a facility that undersize can be dropped off. then a micro switch can be operated by the weight of the coin using a lever mechanism and adjusting for proper average weight of the said coin.
the switch could trigger a monoshot that would start a transistor switching a 5V 250mA DC source to a socket where the mobile can be plugged.. After the predetermined time the nonoshot would switch off .
Yes, the customer can insert a metal piece of equivalent or more weight and fool the mechanism.

Thank you for your valueable reply.Can you plz suggest some technical devices something like that.I m also planning to use solar tracker at top of the bus so that during day time,It will provide energy to battery(increase efficiency) and during night time, the battery will be linked to charger.Secondly, a weight sensor for coins.will I get it readymade or have to design??

ssp123

I fear the increase in efficiency may not be perceptible compared to weight of bus. also the solar panel capable to charge the battery would add to its weight. Duting day time, how ever as the headlights wont be ON (at least as per Indian standard) the vehicle generator/alternator won't be loaded.
the coin slots I saw being used by coin box telephones, and coin operated weighing machines. a totally mechanical design. i wonder whether you get them. perhaps salvaging one from auction material might help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back