Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesou

Hi, I am currently designing a small solar energy system with one 1.2V rechargable battery. I want to build a kind of simple charge controller which can charge the battery when it is not full. When the battery is fully charged, the current from solar cell can be directly changed to power the load.

Can someone give me some advice on design of charge controller. Schematic diagram is welcome !xxx

Depends entirely on battery chemistry???

Charge control is all about detecting "end-of-charge" of the battery. Battery terminal voltage is not a reliable "end-of-charge" indicator for most battery chemistries. Lead-Acid is one of the few batteries that it works for....

Depends entirely on battery chemistry???

Charge control is all about detecting "end-of-charge" of the battery. Battery terminal voltage is not a reliable "end-of-charge" indicator for most battery chemistries. Lead-Acid is one of the few batteries that it works for....

Actually I have no idea how to build a charge controller and its principle. Is there any simple plan to make one ?

Actually I have no idea how to build a charge controller and its principle. Is there any simple plan to make one ?

This is beyond a "one paragraph" answer. Start by reading the "how-to-charge" sections of the Battery University.

Did your instructor just drop this in your lap? You've started another thread on the same topic as your last why?

We don't do homework assignments for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back