Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge Controller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohem

Can somebody tell me if the following motor is fit as a wind power generator. Imperialelectric P56MD008 the spec says it is 36v, 330rpm, 21A.
My mind is all mechanical. To my brain it appears that at least 18v is required to charge a 12 v battery. Does that mean with the above motor I can run at half the speed to get 18v? Does the numbers above directly fit into ohm's law?

Does that mean with the above motor I can run at half the speed to get 18v?

If you draw no current, then yes.

It's more like Vout = Vm - I*Rm

Vout would be the measured voltage at the terminals of the motor. As current is drawn or roduced, the voltage at the terminals decrease. If I =0, Vout=Vm. This is the standard way DC motor tachometers work.

Current is proportional to Torque. Torque is the force at the end of an arm, for instance and is measured in force-distance units. A longer bar requires less effort to say turn a bolt. It's directly proportional to where you push on the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back