Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

charge control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjl4

I'm sure this was covered in some other post, but the search engine for previous post, is a pain. Even after filtering.

Someone will prove me wrong.

Anyways, what I'm trying to do, is to charge control a battery hooked up to a solar panel.

The simplest and cheapest if possible.

Here is what I come up with.

Any input here will be appreciated.

Its late, and I'm sure I overlooked many things.

BTW the battery is 12v lead acid type. Also the led could also be a path for current drain when voltage getting beyond 13v at battery.

Attachments

• batt_saver.png
    batt_saver.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 229
A simple blocking diode is probably all you need (and it might even already be built into the solar panel), unless the solar panel is massive, and the battery very small, over charging isn't likely to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back