Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Channel Selector Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

Basically I'm going to make a 3 channel selector and pre-amp for my audio inputs for my amp. I need 4 momentary buttons to select the correct channel while turning the last one off, so if I was to change from say CD to AUX I would press the AUX it would change to that and then turn the CD input off. I will be relaying these. Thanks.
Boscoe

Why not just use a rotary switch?

You should use an analog multiplexer or mux.

you can use 4017 and an audio switching IC, let me check it and tell you, i made a switching console for 6 channel audio and video in 2001, it worked fine, let me check weather still i have the sketchof the circuit. or i can post you a 3 channel one shortly.

hi,

find the attached circuit using 4017, can be used to select 6 channel (can go upto 10) by micro switch push button. when a particular switch is pressed the pin goes high and stops, it can be wired to 4016 ICs to route the channels and get a single out put as selected. see the data sheet for 4016. 4066 also can be used.

CD4016 Datasheet pdf - Quad Bilateral Switch - Fairchild Semiconductor

Attachments

• prog select..JPG
    prog select..JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back