Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing the range with a IR emitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

anfedres

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I'd like to ask you if anybody knows how to change the distance of detection with a IR Emitter, actually, I'd like to decrease it, I know that I have to place some resistors, so, If I change the voltage or the value of the resistor, this will have consequences in the distance detection, right, I'd like to know just an example or a quick schematic to see it. Thanks guys.

anfedres.... Just put increasing numbers of very thin paper in front of the emitter (think thin tracing paper)

Sometimes answers are easier than they appear.

If the tracing paper isn't acceptable, look for a series resistor on the IR emitter and increase the value a good 10 times or so. Like if it's 4.7Ω, make it 47Ω.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back