Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing Pot size on 555 PWM circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAce

Hey guys, need a lift on changing the 220k speed pot in this circuit to a 100k pot. Is this possible? Thanks!

Attachments

• Copy of PMW 555 Timer.png
    Copy of PMW 555 Timer.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 266
Sure, just change the 220K to 100K and change the capacitor connected from the bottom end of the 220K to ground from 0.1uF to 0.22uF.

I dont think the author intended you to use a 220K pot (I have never seen one); more likely a 500K pot set to 220KΩ.

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply, except I just realized I used my last 100k pot in my last project, but I do have several 50k's laying around. I dont know how to figure this, but would you?

Rold*Cold = Rnew*Cnew

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back