Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

changing layers in eagl. how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

younes_ysf

hello eevry body
i am a beginner in eagle. i have a qestion. how i can chang the layers to be in handy in layer section. i dont want to go to end of list of layers to see alayer. i like for example have the top, bottom tPlace and other first in the list. how i can do that?
thanks

Not sure it can be done. They are listed in numerical order on the dropdown. John

Not sure it can be done. They are listed in numerical order on the dropdown. John

no its possible. i have saw some of them. i have downloded some projects in brd format. and this is in them. first top then bottom then pad ,dimension and so on

I think you downloaded a .brd that was created using the free version of eagle, because that doesn't use layers 2 to 15.

Last edited:
You cannot delete or change the numbering of the layers. You can change what shows. I don't use the free version, so I can't confirm colin mac's observation.

John

Edit: Why does it matter? Just don't show the layers you don't want.

Last edited:
You cannot delete or change the numbering of the layers. You can change what shows. I don't use the free version, so I can't confirm colin mac's observation.

John

Edit: Why does it matter? Just don't show the layers you don't want.

i have habit to show and hide the layers constantly to repir some part and ...
for this i liked to layer be in handy not going to end of list and hiding or shoing a layer
by the thanks from all of you

In the command line, just type in the layer (example: layer 21) you want to show. Check Eagle help, if that is not clear.

John

I think you downloaded a .brd that was created using the free version of eagle, because that doesn't use layers 2 to 15.

That doesn't matter. Layers 2 to 15 are for multi-layer PCBs and normally not used. (At least I made just one multi-layer board within 30 years.)

Having all possible layers active when looking at a PCB it gets confusing having e.g. drill and solder stop layer active.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back