Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing AM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybuoy

I would like to use this AM transmitter.

Can I use micro SMD type 555 IC here to reduce the size of circuit?

Can I use 1000uf 12V (or less) instead of 1000uf 25V to reduce the size of circuit?

Do I need to change the value of other components if I reduce the value of C2?

What changes may I need to make in values of other components if needed?

Last edited:
The extremely simple circuit produces many harmonics. Some harmonics are in the AM broadcast band and other harmonics cause interference with many communications frequencies (police, fire department, ambulance, aircraft, TV etc) then you will be in BIG trouble.

The datasheet for a 555 shows that C2 can be as low as 1uF. 1000uF is not needed.

I see what you think ramesh, the transmitter would probably produce a better signal of fm, I think they are relying on a sort of pulse width method to transmit on am, its very crude but works on am too, I have a grip dipper that makes an audible tone using the same method.
Anyone interested in radio will slate this as it produces square waves and transmits on several frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back