Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing a 3.5mm to phono output

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee_hdi

Hi,

Basically, I have a mobile freeview box which connect to the tv via a 3.5mm jack to 3 phono leads, like this

3.5mm Jack to 3 x RCA Phono Lead Audio / Video AV Cable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

However, I always get a black and white picture for the freeview (works fine when set to analogue, i get the picture in colour)

So I was wondering, would I be able to solder the phono cables directly onto the circuit board, and would it work?

Heres some images of the circuit board

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The AV output is the left 3.5mm jack

Thanks,
Lee

I wouldn't have thought soldering wires on would make any difference - I suggest you check the settings on the box, and make sure it's set to PAL, and not NTSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back