Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change E-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I want to change the e-mail address linked to my account because my current e-mail account no longer works however I've had auto log in as the option for as long as I can remember and I don't remember my password anymore and obviously can't check it, so how do I get around this problem, can I contact a mod and have this changed?

Hi guys, I want to change the e-mail address linked to my account because my current e-mail account no longer works however I've had auto log in as the option for as long as I can remember and I don't remember my password anymore and obviously can't check it, so how do I get around this problem, can I contact a mod and have this changed?

I'm not sure if mods can do it with this software or not, but on previous software I seem to recall all we could was get the system software to generate a new random password for you, and automatically send it to you by email - which presumably wouldn't help?.

I would imagine, that SOMEONE has the power to change a password. so, once "credentials" are satisfied and I have no idea how one might prove it is indeed you. IP logs oer time could certainly help prove it's you. Then someone has to email you the new password to the new email, Now, you can update the info.

Passwords are usually stored as a hash and therefore cannot be "looked up". e.g. the encrypted version is stored and the encrypted plaintext password is compared to the stored encrypted password. FWIW, in Unix/Linux, the encrypted passwords were stored in the clear. More powerful computers necessitated that some changes be made to not do that anymore.

Well, you need to be a Xenforo customer to read this resource. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/password-reset-query.368/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back