Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceramic fuse question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOR3SKIN

I'm repairing a PSU with a blown fuse. I cannot find any "t" series, only the "f" series. My question is, Is there a diffrence? If so, what? Can I use a F10A 250V ceramic to replace a T10A 250V ceramic? Is it possible to use a glass of the same value?

T is antisurge, F is fast blow - if you use an F in place of a T it's likely to blow, fairly shortly, if not immediately.

In my opinion glass or ceramic makes no difference, often both are used in the same product - and ceramic fuses have a tendency to blow for no reason, it's been a common problem in many makes of TV where they fitted them (but only for a short time, as they were too unreliable, so soon get changed in production).

T is antisurge, F is fast blow - if you use an F in place of a T it's likely to blow, fairly shortly, if not immediately.

In my opinion glass or ceramic makes no difference, often both are used in the same product - and ceramic fuses have a tendency to blow for no reason, it's been a common problem in many makes of TV where they fitted them (but only for a short time, as they were too unreliable, so soon get changed in production).

Thank you!!! Your answer was very helpful. Finally, a forum where I don't get pounded for being ignorant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back