Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cellular phone jammer (blocker)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the United States, actively jamming a cell-phone signal is illegal. The FCC, which is the government agency in charge of regulating the airwaves, has established severe penalties for doing so.
The link here:http://slate.msn.com/id/2092059/

There are however plans for officials ( Police , Fire dept., Secret Service) to use them as a security device.

Schematics here: **broken link removed**

But seeing as neither of you have filled their location in (at least sensibly!), we've no way of knowing what country either of you may be in - so it's quite possible that USA rules don't apply.

Now Now Nigel..........My location as stated is exactly correct, however as I have mentioned before I'm a Yank.
Most countries I'm aware of ( that have running water and toilets) all have laws regarding intentional jamming of radio signals.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think owning a SCHEMATIC of such a device is illegal, only possesion of the actual device. So what is the big deal?

do divices like these only apply to public property or can you use them on your own property? I know you can drive a car on your own property without a license in the USA, but you can't on public ways.

considering a cell phone jammer used on your own property could easily have a range that extended OUTSIDE your property, and you'd have a hard time proving to the FCC that the range was limited only to your property, i think that idea is out too.

Wayyyyyy OOT
One would think so but the reality is different then the ideal. You do not own the radio space that is equivalent to your property boundaries, the same way that the air space above or the aquifer below does not belong to you . Like it or lump it!

"First thing we do is let's kill all the lawyers"

not that i'm actually even recomending it, wouldn't it be just easier to steal the phone of the person whom your trying to jam ??

EDIT: why don't you use a high power microwave with the door switch bypassed, remove the door and plug on the power...nice easy way to give yourself radiation sickness...

pike said:
EDIT: why don't you use a high power microwave with the door switch bypassed, remove the door and plug on the power...nice easy way to give yourself radiation sickness...

Sorry, but you don't get radiation sickness from a microwave, it's simply a high power microwave radio transmitter - you would get RF burns, depending how close you were, not a recommended procedure.

I used to know a guy who worked on radar during WW2, he had two dead spots on his arm - caused by microwave burns whilst adjusting a certain piece of equipment - nasty!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back