Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cellular interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I read that:

Engineers discovered that the interference effects were not due to the distance between areas, but to the ratio of the distance between areas to the transmitter power (radius) of the area

Did they mean that Interference = R / D
D - Distance between areas
R - Radius of each area

It makes sense to me, just wanted to verify it.
Perhaps you know where I could read more about it?

Thank you.

See PDF. Note that this is just an idealization. In real life every site is analyzed on a case-by-case basis to see where shadowing by things like hills, valleys, and large clusters of tall buildings and the locations of towers are decided from that uniquely generated map to get total coverage.

It's just a ratio or factor though so it doesn't really matter whether it's upside down or right side up. As long as you know what it means the way it is written and use it correctly in that context.

Attachments

• notes.pdf
    327.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back