Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CELLULAR CONTROLLED CAR! ---- urgent help required!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanaAKhan

Dear all, i'm a student of final year electronics engineering. we 2 girls are working on our project. first we dint have any idea regarding wat to work on! so finally we thot of having a system to control a car via a mobile phone. the idea behind this is dat a chip will b installed inside da car, with the alarm system of the car and programmed in a way that it will be operated by a mobile phone.
say the remote control of a car gets stollen, the remote control works upto 1km or so only, but this device can work upto the area the network covers. the chip or sim installed inside the car has a number alloted to it. a command say LOCK send to that number will lock the car no matter where it is, similarly unlock will unlock the car etc.
this is just an idea! need some help on how to accomplish this. any other idea is greatly welcomed as well!!
i read a post on communication between cell phone and 8051 i think that can be of some help.

Last edited:
I seen a project in Elektor electronics magazine ages ago. It was used to toggle a couple of relays i think, which you could use. You put an old mobile phone with pay as go simcard with the circuit (it has to have auto answer). You hack the headset to feed the earpiece into a DTMF decoder and feed the microphone into a speech chip. Then you can call the phone from anywhere.
Thats all i can remember cos it was ages ago but you might be able to get a back issue.

Mick.

SanaAKhan said:
Reason: spelling mistakes

You may want to download the Google tool bar...

Hmm, a Cellular security system, huh? That is actually a pretty good idea... How do you plan on interfacing the phone to the "chip"? Won't special software have to be written for the phone, plus the chip?

A friend of mine did something similar for his final year project. He connected the system (in your case the car) to an old mobile which he somehow disfigured. When he calls the mobile attached to the system (read car), he amplifies the received signal somehow, does some signal processing and uses the modified signal to activate a relay. I'm afraid that's the much I can provide.

well m planning to use PHP or JAVA as programming tool or i might change the project and work on WCDMA IMPLEMENTED BY THE HELP OF MATLAB
how does this sound?? but the problem is every year so many groups work on CDMA technology, CDMA 95, CDMA 2000 etc. this project has been done before, we can do it with a little modifications! any help regarding this? cuz we just have 5 months! my interest is in the automobile project but they reduced out session to 5 months, actually 8 months but gota study fer da huge coarse as well!
any ideas wat can i do if i chose Digital Signal Processing??

any ideas wat can i do if i chose Digital Signal Processing??

Don't you mean "what WE can do"? You stated earlier that you were in a group... didn't you?

we 2 girls are working on our project

Russlk said:
In this era of terrorist activity, I would hesitate to get involved in this project.

That is a little harsh, don't you think, Russlk?

Heres the link to the elektor article:

**broken link removed**

You have to pay £1.00 to download the article.

It explains it well enough to understand whats going on. You will maybe have to adapt some parts slightly.

I'll try and dig out the magazine aswell because i never got around to building it!

hey all! hmm about my spelling okay i'll try not to use any slang! thank you all for the help! you all have been really kind! i didn't expect to get this much help but i really appreciate it all! about terrorist activities... lets not get started on that!
no ideas on the WCDMA technology?

Russlk, you're a little paranoid. Anything can be considered terrorist activity, what makes this so special?

If someone asking for help getting a 555 timer working, would you help them?

This is daft. If this was for a bomb detonator, then the maker would simply wire the ringer output to the ignition, not bother with expencive electronics to decode text messages!

you have to chose one microcontroller ..... commenly atmel at89 cat.
and one gsm modem if u r in pakistan ... then this hard to arrenge so go for any at cmmand supported mobile like siemens c55, sl55, c35,m35.etc
if u hav u quesion regarding sendme email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back