Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cellphone automatic dialling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpi

hi,
i'd like to make a cellphone to automatically dial a preset phone number, without any key pressing. it would be something like this:
the phone would be connected to the car door so when it was opened it would somehow send an input to the cellphone which would then dial a number.
can i connect anything to the cellphone or replace the keypad with something so that, for example, it would receive an input from the interior light (when the door was opened) and the "device" would emulate pressing the keys?

or, could i mess with the cellphone software so when the car was turned on it would turn on the cellphone and then automatically dial a number? (not a question related to electronics, but way easier and maybe some of you know how)

i don't know what i'm talking about, if it's possible or how hard can it be... i'm more than noob :oops:

Pimpi, I'm pretty impressed about your idea, actually some of may colleagues built a device that works exactly like that. They call it TXTalert GSM alarm System and it's already out in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back