Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad

Could someone please help me with the operation of cell phone charger?
Does it have a boost and buck circuit? And a break cicuit to know when the Li battery is fully charged?

Hiya Kad,
Eh Mate the MC34063 is the chip used in most car phone chargers and scrounge it in the siliconchip magazine has some projects using old car chargers here is an application note for the chip which after a quick scan provides some good info https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/02/AN920-DPDF.pdf
As far as the charger knowing when the battery is charged I suspect the mobile phone takes care of this but I could be wrong. Checkout that link or look for the datasheet on that chip and that should answer all your questions. :wink:

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back