Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cell phone blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I need a cell phone blocker FCC maximum 100 mw output. I need to block all cell phone in a distance of about 50 ft 100 mw should do that. A power osc should do the job. Anyone got a good working circuit drawing already?

A cell phone jammer with 100 watt output would jam the entire city, and possibly the entire county :lol:

100 milliwatt would be more like it.

Unfortunately what you want to do is strictly illegal.

"FCC maximum"? I'm confused. Deliberately interfering with a wireless device is generally illegal by FCC.

Blocking cell is difficult, since many channels are involved even within a single service. If I'm not mistaken different services may use different areas of the spectrum as well.

You can buy them overseas. They are used to block cell phones in theaters. Their manufacturers refuse to ship them to civilized countries so you have to go there to get one.

Your insurance company won't cover you when you are sued for blocking an urgent cell phone call to 911 (or 999 in some uncivilized countries).
:cry: :cry:

Many channels being used is no problem, you just need wideband noise.

I heard on the radio that theateres are asking the FCC to allow cell phone jammers in theatres, but the FCC won't have it :lol:

zachtheterrible said:
A single frequency isn't a problem to jam. Maybe a signal of only 1W will work.
Wideband is a different story if each frequency needs 1W and there are hundreds of frequencies.

In such a small proximity though, you wouldn't need much power for a wideband jammer?

zachtheterrible said:
In such a small proximity though, you wouldn't need much power for a wideband jammer?
It depends entirely on how close the cell transmitter is. If it is close-by, you won't be able to block it. If it is far away then the cell phone will crank up its RF output to over 1W and you might not be able to block it with wideband noise.

zachtheterrible said:

I heard on the radio that theateres are asking the FCC to allow cell phone jammers in theatres, but the FCC won't have it :lol:

Of course they won't! - no regulatory authority would!.

just use good old tin foil, or even better ferrous-lined walls

Styx said:
just use good old tin foil, or even better ferrous-lined walls
Aren't half the folks on a cell phone in a theater talking to the other half of the people on a cell phone in the same theater?
But not directly since the central office is in between.

Haven't you seen a couple walking down the street and both are using their cell phone? It looks funny. I always think they are talking to each other over the cells. :lol:

Aren't half the folks on a cell phone in a theater talking to the other half of the people on a cell phone in the same theater?
But not directly since the central office is in between.
Haven't you seen a couple walking down the street and both are using their cell phone? It looks funny. I always think they are talking to each other over the cells.
that is so funny! :lol:
nothing like wasting 20 cents (or more) a minute on talking to someone ten inches away from you!

And if you want to do legal jamming, do what I do. Make a small dinky little transmitter (like my posted one) that transmits about 50 to 100 feet, and tune every single radio in your house on the same frequency, and hook up the output of your soundcard (from your computer) to the transmitter's input!

The only outside people that will be jammed are those that are about 3 to 10 meters away from your transmitter. You can of course lower the battery voltage or increase resistance.

Better yet, jam on 109Mhz, and turn your radio dial all the way to the right until it is stuck there :lol:

you get the picture, SHOW COURTESY, and jam on a screwed up station!!!

Now people have more to choose from, and will get so interested in the action coming from your computer, THEY WANT MORE!!!

mstechca said:
that is so funny! :lol:
nothing like wasting 20 cents (or more) a minute on talking to someone ten inches away from you!
My cell phone with the camera and huge memory was free and my daughter got another for free. They can call anyone, any time for free for the 1st month then free only on evenings and weekends. They are also free to call each other anytime forever.
As part of the cell-phone deal, my daughter got a free portable DVD player. All she had to do was to sign her life away for 3 years (cell phone subscription) at a pretty good rate.

audioguru said:
zachtheterrible said:
It depends entirely on how close the cell transmitter is. If it is close-by, you won't be able to block it. If it is far away then the cell phone will crank up its RF output to over 1W and you might not be able to block it with wideband noise.

Eh audio, I'm not talking about jamming the cell phone's outgoing signal. That would be nearly impossible. I'm talking about jamming the signal coming from the cell-phone tower. That would be a lot easier.

I need a cell phone blocker FCC maximum 100 mw output. I need to block all cell phone in a distance of about 50 ft 100 mw should do that. A power osc should do the job. please send me if anyone got a good working circuit drawing already?
my mail-id is prabhakaran_mail@hotmail.com

prabha12345 said:
I need a cell phone blocker FCC maximum 100 mw output. I need to block all cell phone in a distance of about 50 ft 100 mw should do that. A power osc should do the job. please send me if anyone got a good working circuit drawing already?

As repeated MANY times in these forums, such devices are seriously illegal, and no one has ever posted a circuit here for one!.

prabha12345 said:

and WHY u need this ?????

PS:contacting the military will do the job :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back