Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
The jammers are so cheap now (China made units) why not just buy one. The time you spend on it will cost a lot more. They come with multiple antennas and formats all in one unit.

It's probably illegal use/have where you live? You might want to look into that.

And if not illegal I would hate to think I might block a 911 call for an emergency. And if caught after doing that, here, you would get to be on local TV and maybe national TV.

Maybe poor people are jealous that rich people have cell phones so they jam them.

I hope poor people don't go around cutting car tires.

Maybe poor people are jealous that rich people have cell phones so they jam them.

I hope poor people don't go around cutting car tires.

Can I find out what you are on ! It must be good stuff in Canada.
PS I dont see the correlation between the remark and the OP

Can I find out what you are on ! It must be good stuff in Canada.
PS I dont see the correlation between the remark and the OP
Jamming telephone and radio communications is a crime. Just because a poor person is jealous that a rich person uses an expensive fancy cell phone should not allow the poor person to inhibit the use of the cell phone with a jammer. But most jammers are used at weird religious temples.

The poor jealous person should be shipped to a planet where there are only other poor people (North Korea?).

Still makes no logical connection. If you want to be policemen then go join up .You may be too smart to pass their tests however. They dont want smarties, too much trouble.

I know little about cell phone frequencies but if you find the frequency then google up the wavelength at that frequency then design an antenna as a long wire antenna. All you need is an input plug really as mobile shops have rubber ducky type antennas with plugs.

The countries frequency spectrum management authority will want to stop jamming which is considered interference. In Australia the Government make a lot of money selling you the licence to transmit on a set frequency . A few years back they made a new radio station pay $200 million for a licence in Sydney.

Its always been my opinion that the frequency spectrum is free to all as is the air we breath and the water we drink . It looks like they are shaping up to start making much more money from the water we drink .They already charge farmers huge amounts for water that you pay when you buy produce. It has to be passed on.

With the Spectrum however interference can be a major impediment and I think it should be tempered with consideration of other users and this aspect policed as need be . They don't need to be making huge profits out of it.

So a little rant huh?

Last edited:
Cell phones in Canada and the US use many frequencies including "frequency spread spectrum" which jumps the frequency of a call all over the place. Jamming is very difficult.

Maybe in a 5th-world country they still use only a single frequency so jamming is easy.

Well free air waves or not (we know it's not free or unlimited), if I need to call a "policeman" or AudioGuru, I don't need someone jamming my call since I pay for that phone and all MY free air.

Far as a long wire antenna. For high frequency it is normally going to be pretty short. 1/4 lamda I think it was, but been a long time since I did that stuff.

If the OP just goes and buys one. They save time and money. But it is probably "not legal".

i m doing electronics ENGG. and want the antenna for the jammer :) and it`s not a long range jammer ( 10 to 15 ft)

i m doing ENGG. and designing the jammer for project

That is a particularly stupid project.
If I were your professor, you would fail the course for even thinking of such a thing.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back