Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceiling fan speed drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, My room ceiling fan speed has drop. It is about three months old. What could be the reason can it be the starting capacitor? If any member can suggest and give and idea. I do not want to send it to a repair shop, I am doing nothing and staying at home. Thanks, Tbiess.

If it's three months old it's probably under warranty. If you refuse to or have a reason you can't then wait for other suggestions. I would add I don't think the problem is the starting capacitor (if it even has one), the fan starts. It would be the run capacitor in that case.

rakeshgnit, The capacitor which is in the fan is 2.25 mfd, I will replace a 2.5 farad and see how the performance. Thanks for the advice let you know the result. Tbiess.

LTX71CM, There is only one capacitor one terminal connected to common and the other terminal connected to starting winding. There is no run capacitor any suggestions, Thanks for trying to help. Tbiess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back