Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cd4017

Status
Not open for further replies.
littletransistor said:
Okay - I found the nearest, and the most simple CD4017 system ever - it's in the link:

**broken link removed**

Must i put the 0.1uf cap to the supply like that? :)

The webpage about this one is from: http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/heart.htm

Yes, always have some decoupling capacitors on your pcb, its good engineering practice, it will save you lots of aggro!:rolleyes:

IF the +V supply is a small battery, also fit a 100uF 16V across the supply rails.

ericgibbs said:
Yes, always have some decoupling capacitors on your pcb, its good engineering practice, it will save you lots of aggro!:rolleyes:

IF the +V supply is a small battery, also fit a 100uF 16V across the supply rails.

If it's ANY battery you should do so, and also for mains powered units.

Roff said:
It can be even simpler. You only need one resistor for the LEDs.
You don't need a current-limiting resistor when a CD4017 has a 9V supply.
The output current into a 2V LED is only about 14mA and the power dissipated is only 98mW. The max allowed dissipation per output transistor is 100mW when the ambient temperature is 100 degrees C and the allowed dissipation is higher at lower ambient temperatures.

ericgibbs said:

Thanks man, it works pretty well with the decoupling cap I put inside the 555 astable system. Man.. my breadboard is kinda weird, it has too loose contacts, no wonder my running lights isn't working. Time to get some new breadboards. :)

Anyway, that's a precious engineering tip! Great work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back