Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cd player keeps skiping help

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytree

i have got a sony cdp312 cd player and it keeps skiping randomly.
it does not skip for any aparnt reason such as warming up or playing for certian amount of time or on any type of cd and also there is nothing wrong that can be seen with either the cicuit boards or the actual cd mechinism.

all help will be appreciated.thank you :)

monkeytree said:
i have got a sony cdp312 cd player and it keeps skiping randomly.
it does not skip for any aparnt reason such as warming up or playing for certian amount of time or on any type of cd and also there is nothing wrong that can be seen with either the cicuit boards or the actual cd mechinism.

all help will be appreciated.thank you :)

It's usually the laser assembly, cleaning the lens might improve it in the short term.

it is a good idea but i have already tryed that 3 times and to my anoynnce it did not work :( :?

monkeytree said:
have you got any ideas/tips then please :?

Don't think i'm a smartass, but ... buy a new one

I don't think you can (easily/reliably anyway) replace the laser

Lasers in domestic CD players are easy to change,there should be a
label on the laser unit with a type number(like KSS240 or similar)
you can normally get 3rd party replacements quite cheap.
They come wih the power preset, so theres no need to mess with
settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back