Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CCTV for livestock observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGivern

I want to install CCTV cameras for the purpose of watching livestock in a shed which constructed from corrugated galvanised mild steel. The distsnce between camera and monitor will be approximately 150/200 metres.

I can buy (1) a wirless system "of the shelf" quite cheaply, but the range is only about 30 metres and I have been advised that the metal walls of the shed will obstruct the signal. Is there a way I can boost the wireless signal.

or (2) a wired system which has a 10 metre signal cable attached and offers an option of 50 metres extension cable. The information on the box advises that the max distance is 50 metres.Is there a method I can use to boost the signal to give a good reception.

I would appreciate advice on the best alternative in this case.

Regards.
J McGivern

It's a professional situation, you need a professional solution, the options you're looking at are domestic toys. A proper CCTV system will feed 200m of cable with no problems.

Well said Nigel!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back