Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cctc camera + pic mcu + memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

i want to design simple cctv camera recording in memory card via pic mcu . any body give idea .

It's to slow to do anything useful, More useful for pan and tilt.

You need a Arm or a pic32

Yep that would work I never tried one of them, I started with a stamp but the Parallax P8X32A can handle video from what I've read.

you should maybe give us more details then we can do to help you more.

I have seen a PIC project where only 8x8 pixels were recorded by the low end PIC.
No PIC I know of can capture 640x480x3 of data in memory.

I've found a small tutorial which uses cmos camera and 8-bit Atmel Xmega microcontroller. Didn't read it all yet, but I hope it's interesting to you also.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thank you Mr. T
A cctc camera probably sends 60 pictures a second.
A digital camera module can be programed to send 1 picture a second.
A cctc camera is analog 1 volt signal while a digital camera is 8 or 10 bit digital with a clock!
To retrieve color out of a analog video signal is a big project.
A digital camera can be told to go to low resolution mode and a cctc camera can not.
The tutorial also talks about only storing 1 pixel out of 4 and 1 line out of 4 so you only have 1/16 the data.

By the time you to to 1/4 mode and then 1/16 and slow down by 1/60. And use the camera's clock, and use digital in not ADC. A PIC will work. (no cctc camera)

If you really want to do this with a PIC I know of a way to get the video saved to a memory card through a PIC. It will take about 4 seconds and will be in B&W.

If you really want to do this with a PIC I know of a way to get the video saved to a memory card through a PIC. It will take about 4 seconds and will be in B&W.

thank all of u
mr. Ronsimpson- can u sher here the way to get d video save to mmc card through a pic mcu.

http://mondo-technology.com/
Go to the link. There are two pages "video...........". Study each! Mondo has good ideas!

The software has some pieces you need.
The PIC can not record video in real time. It can grab one pixel/ scan line.
Vertical sync is at the bottom of a picture.
Horizontal sync is at the end of a line.

input pixer1, line1, send to memory card.
input pixer1, line2, send to memory card.
repeat to bottom of picture.
input pixer2, line1, send to memory card.
input pixer2, line2, send to memory card.
repeat to bottom of picture.

Keeping doing this to you get to the right side of the picture.

This records the picture side ways. but you have a picture.

1. loop until vertical sync. "bottom of picture
2. loop until start of horizontal sync.
2a. Software delay (sync time + back porch time+n)
2b. use ADC to get on pixel. Save data.
2c. test vertical sync to see if at bottom of picture. Jump to 3.
2d. jump to 2.

3. write 'end of scan line' to video file.
3a. n=n+1 "need more time
3b. if n='max delay' then we are at the right side of picture so we are done. close file.
3c. n=0
4. done,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back